Welcome to the Parent Resources page. We have grouped our resources into four major categories: Teaching Resources, Fun & Educational for Kids, Head Start Resources & Other and/or Community Resources (community programs and more).Â
Teaching Resources, Fun & Educational for Kids
- Kindergarten Inicio “versiÃ³n de los padres” http://cccchs.org/docs/kindergarten-start-up-chart-spa.pdf
Kindergarten Start-Up “Parents Version” http://cccchs.org/docs/kindergarten-start-up-chart.pdf
Oregon Safe Kids http://public.health.oregon.gov/PreventionWellness/SafeLiving/KeepingChildrenSafe/SafeKids/Pages/index.aspx
- Working to prevent unintentional, preventable injury and death.
- PBS Kids http://pbskids.org/games/
- Play hundreds of free educational games and fun activities with your favorite characters from PBS KIDS shows.
- Reading is Fundamental http://rif.scholastic.com/ “
- The Parents section of the Reading Is Fundamental web site offers several tips and suggestions to help encourage your kids to read. You’ll find activities, tips, articles, booklists, games, and more. There is a Kids section too!
- Scholastic http://www.scholastic.com/teachers/student-activities
- Online activities and interactive learning for students in grades pre-kindergarten through grade 12.
- Peep and the Big Wide World http://peepandthebigwideworld.com/en/
- Hatching new scientists every day!
The animated series Peep and the Big Wide World gives wings to the innovative idea of teaching science and math to preschoolers. Wry and distinctive visual humor, charming plotlines, and lovable characters combine with a comprehensive science program to attract and engage kids three to five years old.
- VROOM http://www.joinvroom.org/
- Every parent has what it takes to be a brain builder.
The brain develops most rapidly during the first five years of life.
There is no time in life when the brain develops more rapidly than during the first five years. So by building children’s brains from the earliest ages, you’re actually shaping the foundation for future learning. Here’s a glimpse at all that’s taking place inside your baby’s brain!
- 2015 Parent Resource Guide (English) http://cccchs.org/docs/2015%20Summer%20Resource%20Guide.pdf
- Summer Resource Guide (Spanish) http://cccchs.org/docs/2015%20Summer%20Resource%20Guide%20SPANISH.pdf
- Parent Resource Guide (Spanish) http://cccchs.org/docs/2015%20Summer%20Resource%20Guide%20SPANISH.pdf
- Clackamas County Summer Resource Guide (Spanish) http://cccchs.org/docs/SPANISH%202016%20Summer%20Resource%20Guide.pdf
- Clackamas County Summer Resource Guide (English) http://cccchs.org/docs/ENGLISH%202016%20Summer%20Resource%20Guide.pdf
Head Start Resources
- Dental Exam Form http://cccchs.org/docs/Oral%20Health%20Assessment.pdf
- Dental Exam / Treatment Plan
Reporte del Examen Dental / Plan de Tratamiento
- Manual para los Padres http://cccchs.org/docs/Parent%20Handbook%20SPA.pdf
Mental Health Resource Guide http://cccchs.org/docs/MH%20Provider%20Resources.pdf
- Compiled by the Mental Health Program at Clackamas County Children’s Commission
- Parent Handbook & Calendar http://cccchs.org/docs/CCCCHS%20Parent%20Handbook%20and%20Calendar.pdf
Family Reading & Activity Log (MS-Word) http://cccchs.org/docs/Reading%20Log.doc
Horas de voluntario de familia en el hogar (MS-Word) http://cccchs.org/docs/Reading%20Log.doc
Family Reading & Activity Log (PDF) http://cccchs.org/docs/Reading%20Log.pdf “
- Instructions: Use this form to record time you spend at home on activities specifically directed at extending your child’s learning (such as those provided in the Activity Calendar). MS-Word version
- Well Child Exam Form http://cccchs.org/docs/Health%20Appraisal.pdf
Birth to Five School Readiness Goals http://cccchs.org/docs/Birth%20to%205%20School%20Readiness%20Goals.pdf
MH Provider Resource http://cccchs.org/docs/MH%20Provider%20Resources.pdf
School Readiness Goals http://cccchs.org/docs/School%20Readiness%20Goals%202015-16%20EHS&HS.pdf
Other and/or Community Resources
- 211 Info http://211info.org/
211info has free information about more than 7,000 health, community, and social services. And now 211 is available in EVERY Oregon county
Clackamas County Community Resources Poster http://www.clackamas.us/socialservices/documents/poster_english.pdf
- Community resources poster in English
Recursos en la Comunidad del Condado De Clackamas http://www.clackamas.us/socialservices/documents/poster_spanish.pdf
ÐžÐ±Ñ‰ÐµÑÑ‚Ð²ÐµÐ½Ð½Ñ‹Ðµ Ñ€ÐµÑÑƒÑ€ÑÑ‹ Ð¾ÐºÑ€ÑƒÐ³Ð° ÐšÐ»Ð°ÐºÐ°Ð¼Ð°Ñ http://www.clackamas.us/socialservices/documents/poster_russian.pdf
Clackamas County Community Resource Site http://www.clackamas.us/h3s/resources.html
- Clackamas County offers links to several helpful resources.
We are a non-profit Community Parent Resource Center serving special education families located in Portland, Oregon with children birth to age 26.
Find us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/orfirst.portland